Robert strives for optimized content and positive user experience in all his Web endeavors. Content management is his forte. Empowering people so they can make intelligent, informed decisions is his passion.
- Content and website management (experience creating, managing, and publishing digital content with content management systems, blogging software, and text editors)
- Web development with HTML, CSS, jQuery, and Bootstrap. See PortfolioPortfolio for Web development samples.
- Content production and strategy. See PortfolioPortfolio for writing samples.
- Graphic design, image optimization, and photo editing with Photoshop. See PortfolioPortfolio for samples.
- QA and troubleshooting, e.g., malformed code, missing resources, proofing, and page layout issues
- File and digital asset management (experience with FTP clients, Widen DAM, and Picasa)
- Web accessibility and responsive testing
- Project development, status reporting, and collaboration (experience with JIRA and Basecamp)
- Understanding visitor and site behavior with Google Webmaster Tools, Analytics, and PageSpeed Insights
Montrose Point Bird Sanctuary, Chicago, IL
Web Developer and Content Manager
2015 - Present
- Improved the appearance of the Birding Montrose PointBirding Montrose Point website through a redesign and recoding using HTML5 and CSS3. All development and content management done using NoteTab, an advanced text editor.
- Perform regular quality assurance (proofing and editing content, code testing, responsive testing, and accessibility testing) to ensure the site looks good and works well on all devices and for all users
- Achieved a top 5 ranking in Google organic search results for keyword phrases "birding Montrose" and "birding Montrose Point" for the website. Includes top rankings for image and video search.
- Produce and publish inspiring and educational content to The Montrose Birding BlogThe Montrose Birding Blog, maintain all blog content (site guides, maps, and graphics), and manage all back-end processes (taxonomy, tagging, security, plugins)
Pampered Chef, Addison, IL
March 2015 - August 2015
- Successfully moved content (text, graphics, files, videos, and product information) from the legacy PC Canada site to the new PC Canada site using Hybris CMS as part of a content migration project
- Built clean, attractive Web pages with HTML and edited existing pages using Hybris CMS
- Discovered dozens of Web page bugs during QA testing for responsive US website redesign project
- Collaborated with multiple teams and finished the Canada content migration project ahead of schedule
National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN), Chicago, IL
July 2014 - September 2014
- Successfully moved content (text, graphics, files, and videos) from old NCSBN site to new NCSBN site as part of a content migration project. Used OpenText CMS.
- Contributed to an improved design by properly formatting Web page content with HTML
- Optimized hundreds of graphics with Photoshop for increased page download speed and a positive user experience
- Completed the content migration project on time
Abercrombie & Kent, Inc, Downers Grove, IL
October 2013 - April 2014
- Worked with communications department on implementation of a new Abercrombie & Kent website using Sitefinity CMS
- Contributed to an improved user experience by properly formatting content with XML and HTML
- Optimized hundreds of images with Photoshop and renamed them according to strict specifications for improved SEO
- Added value by completing all tasks on time and with fidelity to project specifications
Blue Cross Blue Shield, Chicago, IL
November 2011 - May 2012
- Worked with project managers on implementation of new Blue Cross Blue Shield member's website using Interwoven TeamSite CMS
- Created Web pages with HTML and updated site content with Interwoven TeamSite CMS
- Properly formatted Web page content for a positive user experience
- Completed all assignments within a reasonable time frame
American Society for Healthcare Risk Management (ASHRM), Chicago, IL
October 2010 - April 2011
- Collaborated with department leaders and content producers to create and publish content with Interwoven TeamSite CMS and manage the ASHRM website
- Built clean, attractive Web pages with HTML and CSS and edited existing Web pages
- Improved the website experience by troubleshooting and resolving technical problems such as broken links, missing resources, and missing pages
- Created graphics and optimized dozens of digital photographs with Photoshop
BA, Loyola University of Chicago
- Certified Internet Webmaster, Associate (Certification). Comptia.
- Writing For Web and Mobile (Certificate of Excellence). Gymnasium.
- Inbound Social Media Strategy (Certification). HubSpot Academy.
- jQuery Building Blocks (Certificate of Excellence). Gymnasium.
- Coding For Designers (Certificate of Excellence). Gymnasium.
- Modern Web Design (Certificate of Excellence). Gymnasium.
- Designing Accessible and Responsive Websites (Badge). Gymnasium.
- Structuring and Organizing HTML5 Forms (Badge). Gymnasium.
- Build Better Websites With Chrome Developer Tools (Badge). Gymnasium.