*Only links to non-commerical websites are or will be included on this page. Updated in August 2016.
- Birding News A great resource. Includes links to transcripts of mailing lists. From the American Birding Association.
- Bird Links to the World An amazing collection of links to sites for checklists, trip reports, mailing lists, tour groups, and photographs from around the world.
- Surfbirds A great all-around birding site. Full of tips, advice, reviews, photos and more. You name it and Surfbirds has it.
- The A. O. U. Checklist of North and Middle American Birds Seventh Edition.
- Bird Notes David Sibley's website. Includes several identification articles.
- Colorado Field Ornithologists The photo quizzes are challenging and educational.
- Don Roberson's site The 10 most misidentified birds of Monterey County is must reading.
- Fish Crow ID How to tell a Fish Crow from an American Crow.
- Identification of Northern and Loggerhead Shrikes From the Ontario Field Ornithologists website.
- Louisiana Ornithological Society A number of excellent identification articles can be found on the LOS website.
- Powdermill Bird Banding Photos of handheld birds are presented here. Includes notes on ageing, sexing, and identification. A great resource.
- Real Birds A fantastic site! Includes a wonderful photo gallery and "virtual" tours of two birding hotspots.
Illinois & Midwestern Birding
- Birding LaBagh Woods Forest Preserve How to bird LaBagh Woods Forest Preserve in Chicago, Illinois.
- Carlyle Lake Bird Report If you want to know what's being seen at Carlyle Lake in southern Illinois, this is the site to check. Includes a nice collection of rare bird pics from the area.
- Chicago Ornithological Society Website of Chicago's oldest birding club.
- DuPage Birding Club Western suburban Chicago birding club.
- Evanston North Shore Bird Club Located in north suburban Chicago.
- Fermilab Birding Locations Includes a map and bird list for birding Fermilab in western DuPage County.
- Illinois Ornithological Society Website of the state's largest birding organization.
- Illinois Young Birders An Illinois birding club for young people ages 9 to 18.
- The Wisconsin Society for Ornithology Includes a field trip schedule and a monthly birding guide for our neighbor to the north.
- Whitefish Point Bird Observatory An online guide to birding Whitefish Point in Michigan. Recently updated.
- Birdingpal Need a contact or someone to go birding with? Check out this site.
- Common Bird Myths Erik Blom discusses and dispells a number of misconceptions about birds.
- eBird A website that allows users to record and keep track of their North American bird sightings. Developed by the Cornell Lab of Ornithology and the National Audubon Society.
- HawkCount Features daily and monthly summaries from established hawk watching sites around North America. Part of HMANA's (Hawk Migration Association of North America) Raptors Online effort.
- Jean Iron's website Website of Canadian birder and photographer Jean Iron. Full of great bird and mammal photos from Canada.
- Patuxent Bird Banding Laboratory Everything you want to know about bird banding is at this site. Includes a 1-800 number for finding out where a particular bird was banded.
- Searchable Ornithological Research Archive (SORA) A searchable online archive of several ornithological journals.